Note: If you purchased this product before, you could write a product review on our website by using the form at the bottom of this page. Your own experience will really help others to determine which guitar course is the best. By submitting this form, you certify that your review is a genuine opinion and you have no personal or business relationship with the product. You also attest that you have not been offered any incentive or payment originating from the product owner to write this review. This website has a zero-tolerance policy on fake reviews.
As of this review, Guitar Ingenuity is a free online beginner video guitar course. I think it’s a newcomer in the online guitar teaching industry. With only 25 step-by-step guitar lessons, you can probably learn how to play some easy songs in just a few months. The teaching materials include videos, online written instructions and worksheets. Furthermore, you will find some cool tools, articles, guitar gear reviews, product reviews and news.
Dieter Ulrich Peise claimed that he has been teaching guitar for over 20 years. He not only owns this online guitar program but also offers face-to-face lesson.
Without further ado, let’s have a look at the lesson contents below:
- Lesson 1 – Welcome, Orientation, Ground Rules
- Lesson 2 – Guitar Introduction
- Lesson 2.5 – Tuning A Guitar
- Lesson 3 – E Minor And D Major Chord
- Lesson 4 – A Major And G Major Chord
- Lesson 5 – Bad Moon Rising (Song)
- Lesson 6 – C Major And E Major Chord
- Lesson 7 – Plectrum Introduction
- Lesson 8 – Plectrum Exercises
- Lesson 9 – Achy Breaky Heart (Song)
- Lesson 10 – A Minor And D7 Chord
- Lesson 11 – He’s Got The Whole World (Song)
- Lesson 12 – Brother John (Song)
- Lesson 13 – F Major Chord
- Lesson 14 – F Major Chord Exercises
- Lesson 15 – G7 And E7 Chord
- Lesson 16 – House Of The Rising Sun (Song)
- Lesson 17 – Capo And Take Me Home (Song)
- Lesson 18 – A7 And Jingle Bells (Song)
- Lesson 19 – Let It Be (Song)
- Lesson 20 – Teardrops On My Guitar (Song)
- Lesson 21 – A Minor 7 And Knocking On Heaven’s Door (Song)
- Lesson 22 – Fingerpicking Introduction
- Lesson 23 – Fingerpicking And House Of The Rising Sun (Song)
- Lesson 24 – Waltz Rhythm And Amazing Grace (Song)
- Lesson 25 – Farewell
Bonus guitar lessons contain the following:
- Twist And Shout (Song)
- My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean (Song)
- Silent Night (Song)
Most of the videos are hosted on Vimeo and they have high-definition quality. Though there aren’t many close-up shots in split-screen view, the camera shot angle is perfect. It’s close enough for you to see what both hands are doing. After a few lessons, Ulrich would recap the stuff he had taught and give some advice as well as motivation. On top of that, he also encouraged students to send videos of their own playing so that he can provide some feedback.
You’d better use broadband internet connection while watching the online videos. Dial-up internet access will slow down the buffering time and kill your desire to learn the guitar.
Online written instructions on the web and worksheets in PDF format will be at your disposal when you need them. They include instructions, hand images of chord, exercises, chord progressions and lyrics of the songs.
There is a small library called Chordbank which can be a good resource for a novice to look up chord fingering. Ulrich used Vimeo video to show you how to place your fingers on fretboard to form a chord. The camera shot is up-close so you will be able to see the fingering very clearly.
That’s not all. Online Guitar Tuner and Online Guitar Metronome are 3rd party simple tools which can come in handy. Only standard tuning E-A-D-G-B-E is available for the tuner. The metronome allows you to set typical tempo ranging from 40 BPM (beats per minute) to 200 BPM.
While there are only contact form and email support available, Ulrich promised to answer questions as soon as possible. I’m satisfied with the response so far.
Guitar Ingenuity Beginners Guitar Course is free. My advice is to go and check it out while it’s still free. Well, what more can I say?
Guitar Ingenuity is not an elaborate or huge website. That being said, it’s a free guitar course and a real boon for absolute beginners. As an intermediate player, I’m not impressed with the lessons so I do not recommend it to intermediate or advanced guitarists.
Submit your review